Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New Lloyd

I spent my first night in Firenze at Federico's, but I needed to figure out a permanent living situation.

I was in email contact with a guy named Enrico who owns an apartment in about 10 minutes by foot from the Consulate. That night I gave him a call and he picked me and Federico up and brought us to see his place. Long story short, I accepted, and here I am. Whether or not it was a good or bad decision I’m not really sure because it’s only been a few days, but we’ll see.

The apartment is pretty nice. I’ll be putting pictures up soon. The best part is that I have my own room so if at any point I feel like I don’t want to have to speak Italian I can just go hang out there.

That night New Lloyd (Fredericksburg landlord) brought me and Federico to a pub called Moyo. It was pretty classy. I wasn’t really feeling well from Lufthansa’s chicken dinner so I settled for a red wine spritzer (listen.) and had some of the appetizers that they were serving. It was cool getting to know New Lloyd, so hopefully everything works out.

3 comments:

  1. i think your landlord got a new roof on his sweet-ass-house.

    ps-sorry that i'm a stalker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't mind me asking, how much do you pay for your apartment? How many peeps do you live with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, there are 4 of us total and I pay 370 euros - including utilities. It was 350 but then he tacked on another 20 euros at the last minute for "apt. fees" which I guess is just upkeep of the building. Is this similar to your deal in Ecuador?

    ReplyDelete