Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Italian Kids are Intense

After getting dropped back off at Federico’s, we were greeted by an apartment full of 20-something year old Italians, all either co-workers or friends of the guys who lived there.

We ordered some pizzas (delicious) and just hung out which was awesome. For about 4 hours people were coming in and out. Although it got kind of tiresome having to keep introducing myself and them asking me a thousand and one questions about what America’s like and telling me how much they want to go, I realized that in order to make new friends I’m going to have to keep an open mind.

Some of them were really interested and eager to talk to me, but I could tell that a few were apprehensive because either they didn’t know if I could speak Italian or just didn’t know what to say. I may have aided their apprehensiveness by letting a sort of bewildered look come across my face, but hearing about 5 different conversations in 5 different Italian dialects can really play with your heard.

Luckily, Monday night’s are “Grande Fratello” aka Big Brother nights in Firenze, so that provided a good hour of just watching, laughing, eating, drinking, and smoking (not me) with new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment