Sunday, January 25, 2009

Today's the Day!

Welcome to my blog!

Later today, 1/25/09, I'll be flying out of JFK Airport in NYC on a Lufthansa jet to Munich, then over to Florence. As my mom helped me close my last bag tonight I thought, "Wow, I can't believe this day has finally come."

If you don't know what's going on in my life, here's a little catch-up. I'm going to Italy to intern (no pay, but 12 UMW credits!) with the U.S. State Department at the U.S. Consulate General in Florence. This is a full, 40 hour/week, big boy internship - so I'm hoping not to screw it up.

The plan is: When I arrive in Florence I'm going to take a cab to my cousin Federico's house where I'll be spending at least the first night. He's 20 and works as a chef at the Four Season's Hotel. I'm going to go with him to buy an Italian cell phone, and then meet up with a guy named Enrico who has a room for rent in his apartment. Yeah, that's right - I currently don't have a permanent place to live, but that's part of the adventure. I'll keep everyone updated on my housing situation as it unfolds...

Alright, time to do a triple-check of all my stuff and then head off to JFK. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment